Recently I’ve had it in mind to dust off some old role-playing books and gather some like minded citizens to have a few games of whatever to help while away an evening.
Booze and snacks would help as well. 🙂
So I’ve got some vague ideas regarding what to run:
- Call of Cthulhu – A quality horror game in the “creeping evil” vein which can be set in the 1920’s or present day.
- Mechwarrior – Set in the Battletech universe. The system is good but the character generation is over-complicated.
- Delta Green – A Call of Cthulhu based setting in the present day. It involves U.S. Government conspiracies and Mythos-related investigations.
- Elric – Based on the Elric stories by Michael Moorcock. Doom laden fantasy.
- Children of the Sun – A dieselpunk game. Apparently bridging the gap between steampunk and cyberpunk. I don’t have this yet but I’m tempted to pick a copy up. Unfortunately the company producing this are no more so getting a copy might be difficult but I’m sure Static Games have a copy.
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – Given the choice between AD&D and Warhammer, I’d pick Warhammer every time. It’s considerably darker than most fantasy games. A strong possibility.
I think I have enough potential players for two separate (and comfortably small) groups but if anyone wants a game then send your requests to the usual address. (Which I’ve just realised is no-longer on the site. Must fix that…)